Student EmploymentYouth Job Connection Summer
Student Employment: Youth Job Connection Summer
Our goal is to assist and support students aged 15 to 18 in achieving stable and sustainable employment, meaningful careers, and success in their future working lives by providing intensive coaching beyond traditional job search and placement opportunities.
- 20 to 30 Hours of PAID pre-employment training to help you succeed in the labour market;
- $$$ Supports for participants; we may pay for things like a bus pass, interview clothing and uniform costs etc.
- Job matching and paid job placements with and hiring incentives for employers that help them cover the cost of wages and training for new hires;
- Mentorship services; and
- Education and work transitions support.
Youth Job Connection Summer consists of:
- Youth Job Connection Summer; this program runs all year long however focuses on providing summer job opportunities; at least 20 hours of paid pre-employment training with mentorship and coaching; assistance and support in finding and keeping a summer job; assistance returning to school after the summer; as well as part-time job placements after the school, weekends, and holidays to youth aged 15 to 18 to help them make positive educational and career choices.
One of the key components of YJCS is our comprehensive array of workshops and independent tasks, including:
- Budgeting & Money Management
- Completing Job Application Forms
- Creative Thinking to Solve Conflict
- Conducting a Job Search
- Workplace Health & Safety
- Healthy Living & Stress Management
The program builds on the best practices of the Youth Employment Fund, Ministry of Children and Youth Services’ Jobs for Youth program, other employment programs for young people, as well as feedback from the winter 2015 ETSI stakeholder consultations, of which youth employment programming was a key priority.
If you want to gain valuable skills, experience and confidence while making great connections within the community, join us now!