Our goal is to assist and support youth aged 15 to 29 in achieving stable and sustainable employment, meaningful careers, and success in their future working lives by providing intensive coaching beyond traditional job search and placement opportunities.
- 60 – 90 Hours of PAID pre-employment training to help you succeed in the labour market;
- Job matching and paid job placements, with supports for participants and hiring incentives for employers that help them cover the cost of wages and training for new hires;
- Opportunity to attain applicable certificates for the workplace such as First Aid, Working at Heights and Smart Serve Etc.
- Mentorship services; and
- Education and work transitions supports.
One of the key components of YJC is our comprehensive array of workshops and independent tasks, including:
- Budgeting & Money Management
- Job Retention Skills
- Team Work Building
- Career Exploration
- Conducting a Job Search & Job Applications
- Workplace Health & Safety
- Healthy Living & Stress Management
The Youth Job Connection program provides intensive employment supports for youth aged 15 to 29 who are unemployed, not in full-time education or training, a resident of Ontario, and eligible to work in Canada.
The program builds on the best practices of the Youth Employment Fund, Ministry of Children and Youth Services’ Jobs for Youth program, other employment programs for young people, as well as feedback from the winter 2015 ETSI stakeholder consultations, of which youth employment programming was a key priority.
If you want to gain valuable skills, experience and confidence while making great connections within the community, join us now!