Website Beaver Valley Outreach
"Making Good Things happen in our community"
The Sorting Assistant will be responsible for the smooth running of the sorting area of the Treasure Shop. Under the supervision of the Treasure Shop Coordinator (TSC), the individual will schedule and train volunteer sorters. Working with the Bin Assistant (BA), the individual will be responsible for the intake, send-on, recycling, and health and safety procedures in the sorting area.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Learn about and maintain a good working knowledge of the various sections of the sorting area
- Train volunteers in selection and pricing of items for the store
- Track supplies and inform TSC when ordering
- Train volunteers in Treasure Shop Policies & Procedures, especially Covid-19 and other Health and Safety protocols specific to the sorting and storage areas
- Create monthly sorting schedule for volunteers in line with donated goods
- Work with TSC to respond to shopping trends, to identify special items and to appropriately store items waiting for dispersal (eg. off season clothing)
- Ensure good communication with volunteers and staff regarding updates, changes in procedures; encourage sharing of good news, fresh ideals, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work flexible hours
- Ability to problem solve
- Detail oriented
- Able to lift 30 pounds
- Previous experience working with volunteers an asset
- Previous retail experience and ability to use technology an asset
- Team builder as well as a team player
- Flexible and comfortable working in a changing environment
$17-19 per hour
24 hours per week
How To Apply:
Submit a cover letter and resume with the subject line: Treasure Shop Sorting Assistant Position to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.