Raglan Village Adult & Retirement Community
|Job Title:||Line Cook|
|Work Hours:||On-call (up to 20 hours per week)|
|Wage:||$17.76 per hour|
|Anticipated Start Date:||ASAP|
|The Line Cook Position is accountable to the Executive Chef or designate for the provision of hospitality style dining services. The Line Cook will prepare and serve meals according to daily menus; Monitor methods of food handling by taking temperatures and ensuring proper food storage as well as maintaining a sanitary and clean work place.
The Line Cook is required to perform their duties in a manner consistent with the core values and employee-guiding principles, ensure resident safety, and demonstrate customer excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Acts as a role model for the staff by demonstrating a positive attitude necessary to meet the goals and standards of the home;
· Responsible for supporting Hospitality Style Dining Service though superior food production practices, plate presentation and garnishing by following the menus, setting up equipment and supplies for food presentation.
· Following all appropriate requirements for temperature and portion control of quantity, as directed by the Executive Chef or legislative requirements.
· Plates food based on resident prescribed diet requirements;
· Completes all necessary documentation (food and refrigeration temperatures, – if applicable, menu changes) as assigned;
· Monitors quality of food supplies received and advises the Executive Chef or designate of problems with the quality, supply and equipment needs.
· Alerts the Executive Chef or designate to problems.
· Assist with maintaining the security of the department;
· Complies with all provincial regulations, established Food and Beverage Department Policies and procedures including ORCA and RHRA standards.
· Participates in the “Tour Ready” program within the residence to ensure that the building is ready for potential resident visits at all times;
· Attends department and facility staff meetings, in-services, and other required training sessions;
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Chef or designate.
B. Occupational Health & Safety / Fire Safety
· Advises Executive Chef or Management Team Member immediately of all staff incidents that may result in an Occupational Accident Claim, any concerns with the physical plant, equipment, incidents or injuries.
· Follows all health and safety policies and procedures. Works safely to reduce the risk of injury to self, co-workers, and residents;
· Wears personal protective equipment as designated;
· Maintains a sound working knowledge of their role & responsibilities during all Emergency situations when working different shifts;
· Participates in drills to prepare for emergencies and attends all education sessions in relation to emergency preparedness.
|· Minimum grade 10 education;
· Must have 1-2 years of experience within the Hospitality or Retirement Home sector as a Cook;
· Must have a valid Safe Food Handling certificate;
· Must have an excellent command of the verbal and written English language skills;
· Ability to work independently and/or as a member of a team;
· Current CPR and First Aid training recommended and will be seen as an asset;
· Ability to work to deadline;
· Must be able to work all shifts (Days, Evenings, Holidays and Weekends)
|Employer:||Raglan Village Adult & Retirement Community|
|How to Apply:||Email email@example.com|
March 29, 2021
April 28, 2021
*This posting has been provided by an external Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.