||We are hiring two full-time lodge attendants.
• Assists in providing direct care for residents; assists with ambulation, bathing and grooming.
• Encourages participation in activity programs by assisting residents to and from activities.
• Assists with meal service and nourishment delivery to residents and provides feeding assistance as required.
• Provides emotional and social support to residents/families including palliative care.
• Adheres to established departmental policies and procedures regarding documentation, quality assurance, fire, safety, environment and infection control.
• Consults with and informs supervisor of unit activities, needs and matters related to resident care.
• Housekeeping duties.
• Medication administration in accordance with the 8 Rights of Medication Administration.
• Experience as a Health Care Aid, PSW or related skills preferred but not required
• Knowledge and experience in Medication Administration preferred, will train
• Knowledge and experience in care planning systems and documentation required
• Mentally and physically able to perform duties as assigned
• Ability to communicate positively with other staff, residents and families
• Demonstrates empathy, concern and interest in providing quality care and service to residents
• Demonstrates organizational skills and ability to complete assignments in a timely fashion
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to provide resident care in accordance with application legislation, job routines, nursing care plans, ability to read and write English and understand verbal and written instructions in English.