Collingwood Downtown Business Improvement Area (BIA)
|Job Title:||Maintenance/Event Support Staff|
|30 hours per week, hours will vary depending on events.
Flexibility required for days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
|Wage:||$16.97 to start, review after 3 months|
|Anticipated Start Date:||To be determined|
|1. Maintenance (75%)
• Street clean up, weed removal, snow removal throughout the downtown area
• Assist in the clean-up/maintenance of gardens throughout the downtown area
• Operation and minor maintenance of applicable equipment
• Document inspections of the downtown report deficiencies in a timely manner.
• Respond to public hazards or on-demand tasks as they arise.
• Practice and promote positive attitudes and actions as a team player; recommend ideas and initiatives to enhance the workplace.
2. Special Events Support (20%)
• Assist in set up and take down of events special events and activities undertaken by the Collingwood Downtown BIA, solely and in collaboration with community partners, including weekly Farmers’ Market
3. Member Support (5%)
• Assist in distribution of newsletters/posters/advisories to BIA membership
Work in compliance with the Highway Traffic Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS, applicable legislation, regulations, statutes, and departmental policies/procedures/practices and operational guidelines. Perform other related duties, as assigned, that are in accordance with job responsibilities and/or necessary departmental or corporate objectives.
|1. Ontario Secondary School Diploma preferred, with three (3) months or related experience.
2. Be familiar with or willing to learn the operation of maintenance equipment such as trimmers, leaf blowers, snowblowers, street vacuums and various power/hand tools.
3. Ability to understand and apply standard operating procedures.
4. Ability to follow direction, work independently or part of a team, and report hazards back to supervisor.
5. Ability to deal courteously and effectively with the general public, organizations and staff.
6. Valid Class “G” driver’s license in good standing and current Driver’s Abstract with results satisfactory to the Town.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Physical Effort: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands require walking with some periods of physical strain. Must be capable of bending, standing, walking, climbing, pushing/pulling, reaching, and able to lift up to eighteen (18) kilograms (40 pounds).
Flexibility in scheduling is necessary with the occasional requirement for evening, weekend and holiday hours as required.
Physical Environment: Work is conducted in an outdoor environment in view of the public, with exposure to noise, dirt, insects, noxious plants, and exposure to sharps, animals, inclement weather conditions, mechanical hazards, unpleasant fumes and odours. Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) must be worn when working with or around hazardous chemical and/or equipment.
Sensory Attention: Using multiple senses at a time under normal use.
Stress: Limited mental stress, in normal situations with limited pressure where the seriousness of the outcome is limited. (90%) Exposure to public criticism and/or complaints. (10%)
|Vaccination Policy:||Not required|
|Employer:||Collingwood Downtown Business Improvement Area (BIA)|
|How to Apply:||In person: 105 Hurontario Street, Collingwood
|Date Posted:||January 11, 2023||Posting expires:||February 11, 2022|
*This posting has been provided by an external Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.