|Job Title:||Kitchen Worker|
|Wage:||$15.00 – $17.00 an hour|
|Anticipated Start Date:||ASAP|
|Under the general direction of the Program Supervisor, Kitchen Worker (1 Year Contract) will be responsible for food preparation, food management, cleaning and disinfecting kitchen and dining equipment.
Primary Responsibilities – Food
1. Both Kitchen Workers must work closely, harmoniously, and competently with each other, My Friend’s House staff and volunteers.
2. Research, plan and prepare weekly breakfast, lunch and dinner menus using input from residents and staff; this will also include special holiday and celebration menus; recommend ideas for creative, special or seasonal dishes; make good use of donated items.
3. Estimate expected food consumption and organize preparation.
4. Prepare order of needed food and kitchen items for volunteer shopper.
5. Keep records and accounts of food and kitchen purchases and provide information to Business Manager.
6. Keep an inventory of all food and kitchen items.
7. Plan and cook nutritious food for shelter residents and adjust to include special dietary accommodations (allergies, vegetarian, etc.).
8. Prepare school lunches and snacks.
9. Follow all food health and safety procedures; follow all pandemic procedures.
Primary Responsibilities – Cleaning
1. Clean and sanitize all food, kitchen and pantry areas including fridges and freezers and food stations; store all food properly.
2. Complete cleaning and disinfection of all identified areas per public health.
3. In conjunction with shelter staff, keep the cleaning & disinfection log up-to-date on a daily basis
|1. Minimum of an Ontario equivalent Secondary School graduation diploma is required; additional related post-secondary college level education is preferred and a definite asset.
2. Must have at least two years related, relevant work experience; relevant education/training such as kitchen or restaurant management is a definite asset.
3. Food Handler Certification through Public Health; knowledgeable on appropriate cleaning and disinfection requirements for a Public Health inspected kitchen.
4. Able to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently; able to work as part of a 2-person team and on individual responsibilities.
5. Physical endurance for an entire shift; able to stand for an entire shift, able to bend, kneel and lift to 30 pounds.
6. Demonstrates a high standard of personal hygiene and can comply with COVID Health and Safety Protocols.
7. Self-motivated and self-directed.
8. Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
9. Must maintain strict confidentiality and boundaries around all matters related to My Friend’s House staff, clients and volunteers.
10. Adheres to My Friend’s House value and philosophical framework which includes a commitment to anti-racism and anti-oppression work and feminist principles
|Additional Information:||My Friend’s House is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, My Friend’s House will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
My Friend’s House seeks to fully integrate the principles of Employment Equity and will ensure the full participation and advancement of members of historically disadvantaged groups (i.e., women of colour, women with disabilities, lesbians, Aboriginal, Metis and Inuit women). My Friend’s House will achieve this by ensuring that its hiring process is fair and equitable for all women.
Only applicants with the required qualifications and experience will be contacted.
Successful applicants must provide a current Criminal Reference and Vulnerable Screening Check
|Employer:||My Friends House, Collingwood Crisis Centre|
|How to Apply:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Date Posted:||October 2, 2020||Posting expires:||November 1, 2020|
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.