Parkbridge Lifestyle Communities
|40 hours a week|
|The finance function is led by the VP and CFO. The finance team is split into Finance Services and Finance Operations. This position is part of the accounting team, led by the Director, Finance (Services) and will report directly to the Manager, Corporate Reporting and Compliance. This position will also regularly partner with the other Accountants within the Finance (Services) team.
The Corporate Accountant will oversee day-to-day accounting functions pertaining to corporate reporting and compliance, including treasury functions, income and sales tax compliance and internal/external audits. This position will also work with the Manager, Accounting and Systems from time to time.
What’s in it for you:
A career opportunity with a fast growing, national company that has access to substantial capital and a mandate for growth through continued acquisitions.
A competitive compensation package with benefits, bonus, and GRRSP pension-matching
· Performing accounting functions as assigned including, but not limited to monthly allocation and accrual entries, insurance budget and forecast calculations, payroll allocations, audit accrual, etc.
· Responsible for the computation and allocation of the corporate management fee to all properties
· Compute asset management fee and post related entries.
· Work with asset management team to prepare and review closing statement of adjustments and coordinate with accounting and accounts payable teams to obtain required supporting documentation for property acquisitions and disposals
· Perform monthly / quarterly reconciliations for assigned accounts
· Administer the Corporate Credit Card program:
· Obtain statements and distribute to card holders for GL coding / approval
· Post related entries
· Assist the Manager, Corporate Reporting and Compliance with new applications and card cancellations
· Administer the Petty Cash program:
· Review petty cash top up requests, confirm amount and custodian are consistent with records
· Process required documentation for new custodians
· Process wire payments and transfers for the corporation
· Prepare weekly cash report and update the cash forecast report with actuals
· Assist Manager, Corporate Reporting and Compliance with banking issues from time to time
· Prepare monthly sales tax working files for all sale tax filings (HST, GST, MRDT, PST, QST, Tourism Levy)
· File all monthly sales tax documentation and remit payment to respective tax authorities
· Assist the Manager, Corporate Reporting and Compliance in the preparation of working files for the annual income tax filing for Parkbridge
· Assist the Manager, Corporate Reporting and Compliance with inquiries from CRA/Revenue Quebec
· Prepare and maintain various reports for month end (Trial Balance Report, NOI Report, Property cost Report)
· Assist the Manager, Corporate Reporting and Compliance in the preparation of the Monthly Internal Financial Package and Quarterly Financial Reporting
· Assist with the annual external audit by completing requested materials and assisting in preparing assigned schedule for the annual and interim audit.
· Conforming with and abiding by all regulatory guidance and internal policies & procedures
· Documenting policies, procedures, and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
· Supporting Manager, Accounting and Systems as required and assigned by Manager, Corporate Reporting and Compliance
· Contributing to departmental and organization special projects as assigned
· Other duties as assigned
· 3+ years of experience in a General Accounting role.
· Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). Knowledge of Statutory accounting principles.
· Strong accounting skills and analytical skills
· Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, or similar programs.
· Knowledge of major accounting software, Great Plains preferred.
· Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
· Excellent verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team. The individual will work closely with all major functional leaders of the Company.
· Preference given to candidates who have completed or are working toward professional accounting designation.
|Must be vaccinated.|
|Who we are:
We believe that communities thrive when people come together for a shared purpose. This is central to how we work and interact with our homeowners, resort guests and valued employees.
Parkbridge is Canada’s leading owner, operator and developer of residential and resort land lease communities. We create thriving communities where Canadians can live and vacation with ease.
Our land lease model is attractive because it allows people to own their home or vacation property without buying the land, creating a more affordable option.
With more than 700 passionate employees, and close to 100 properties across Canada, we are excited to continue growing our team while providing professional and rewarding career opportunities.
Parkbridge is guided by our C.A.R.E principles, which we strive to bring to life in our relationships with our residents, customers and our team.
· Community: we are committed to one another and value each other’s contributions.
· Authenticity: we are honest and fulfill our commitments.
· Respect: we are empathetic, professional and treat others with dignity.
· Excellence: we are proactive in our work and we exceed expectations.
Whether you live, vacation or work with Parkbridge, our goal is to make you feel safe, connected, engaged and supported.
How to Apply:
|Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise, and we will work with you to meet your needs.
|November 17, 2021||
|December 17, 2021|
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.