Website Town of Collingwood Town of Collingwood
Town of Collingwood
|Job Title:||Project Engineer (Contract) Job ID#: 2023-30 (Full Time with the chance of becoming Permanent)|
|Work Hours:||Normal hours of work are forty (40) hours per week, usually Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., with a thirty (30) minute unpaid meal break. Flexibility in scheduling is necessary as there may be the occasional requirement to attend to functions outside of normal work hours, respond to urgent matters, change shifts to work evenings or weekends to accommodate high volume periods or for after-hours customer service initiatives, or to work extra hours as needed.|
|Wage:||$84,552.00 to $102,731.20 per year ($40.65 to $49.39 per hour)|
|Anticipated Start Date:||June 2023 to April 2024|
|Work Location: This position may be considered appropriate for a hybrid work model (a combination of on-site and remote work).
Note: The initial term of this position will be to April 2024, with the potential to become permanent at the conclusion of the term.
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career? Why not consider a career with the Town of Collingwood! What’s in it for you? Employee and Family Assistance Program, eligibility for the OMERS Pension Plan, Training and Development Opportunities, Flex time and more!
The Town of Collingwood is looking for a Project Engineer to be responsible for the review of development applications, primarily subdivisions, zoning by-law amendments, official plan amendments, and occasional site plan applications. The position is also responsible for overseeing various engineering studies and capital projects prepared by outside consultants on behalf of the municipality. The main duties and responsibilities of the position are in the areas of development application review, project management, and responding to general engineering-related enquiries.
|The preferred candidate possesses the following:
Experience and Qualifications:
1. Degree or diploma in Civil Engineering or related discipline
2. Designation as a Professional Engineer (e.g., P. Eng or CET)
3. Seven (7) years’ experience in municipal engineering (private consulting or in a municipal environment) including three (3) years demonstrated experience in project management. Physical ability to perform required activities and wear required personal protective equipment.
4. Demonstrated experience as the lead on minor development or municipal infrastructure projects or working as part of a team on more major complex projects. Detailed knowledge of municipal infrastructure design, plan review, subdivision and site plan development, stormwater management, traffic and transportation, municipal servicing, lot grading, and contract administration and inspection.
5. Detailed knowledge of various standards such as Ontario Provincial Standards (OPS) Drawings and Specifications, MTO Geometric Design Manual, TAC Geometric Design Manual, Ontario Traffic Manuals, ITE Trip Generation Manual, MOECC Drainage Management Manual, MECP Stormwater
Management Planning and Design Manual, Ontario Building Code, NVCA Engineering Technical Guidelines, Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS, etc.
6. Excellent administrative, communication, interpersonal, organizational, time management, and public relations skills, together with the ability to use tact and discretion and to deal courteously and effectively with the public and fellow staff members.
7. Ability to multi-task, cope with interruptions and work under pressure to meet multiple deadlines, exercise discretion and good judgment particularly when handling highly confidential/sensitive information. Possess a high level of initiative and personal integrity.
8. Thorough knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office applications, database management, and office equipment. Knowledge of ArcGIS, AutoCAD, PCSWMM, HEC-RAS, OTHYMMO an asset.
9. Valid Class “G” driver’s license and reliable vehicle to use on corporate business. Ability and willingness to travel within the community as required.
10. Possess a current Criminal Record & Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) with results satisfactory to the employer, and a valid standard first aid & CPR/AED Level C certification (or willing to obtain).
|Employer:||Town of Collingwood|
|How to Apply:||To review the full job description and learn how to apply, please visit the Town of Collingwood website: https://www.collingwood.ca/council-government/employment|
|Date Posted:||May 12, 2023||Posting expires:||May 29, 2023 at 4 p.m.|
*This posting has been provided by an external Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.