Website Town of Collingwood Town of Collingwood
Town of Collingwood
|Job Title:||Wastewater Treatment Operator 2 Permanent Full-Time Job ID#: 2023-20|
|Work Hours:||Normal hours of work are forty (40) hours per week, usually Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., with a thirty (30) minute unpaid meal break and scheduled on-call hours, weekend and call-in hours. Flexibility in scheduling is necessary to respond to urgent situations and/or work overtime as needed.|
|Wage:||$37.43 per hour|
|Anticipated Start Date:||April, 2023|
|Job Description||Wastewater Treatment Operator 2 (Full-Time)
Division: Environmental Services
Work Location: on-site
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career? Why not consider a career with the Town of Collingwood! What’s in it for you? Competitive Group Health Benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program, OMERS Pension Plan, Training and Development Opportunities, and more!
The Town of Collingwood is looking for a Wastewater Treatment (WWT) Operator 2 who performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled technical and maintenance work in the operation, maintenance and repair of all wastewater treatment and collection facilities operated by the Town. The Operator 2 is responsible and accountable for effective operation ensuring that all operations are in compliance with legislation, guidelines and policies. The position will participate in an on-call rotation with responsibility to respond to alarms, be assigned temporary Overall Responsibility Operator (ORO) responsibilities on a rotating basis, and provide mentoring and training to Operator 1 and OIT staff.
The preferred candidate possesses the following:
|Qualifications:||Experience and Qualifications:
1. Ontario Secondary School diploma or equivalent
2. Minimum of Wastewater Treatment Certificate Class II license, and willingness to obtain higher classes. Mechanical, electrical or millwright license an asset.
3. Minimum of three (3) years plant operations experience.
4. Thorough working knowledge of the applicable acts/legislation/regulations, in particular the Ministry of Environment Regulations, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Ontario Electrical Safety Code and the Town Policy Manual.
5. Excellent communication, interpersonal, time management, analytical, problem solving, organizational, prioritization, and customer service skills, together with the ability to use tact and discretion and to deal courteously and effectively with the public and fellow staff members. A strong team player with a collaborative approach.
6. Ability to multi-task, cope with interruptions and work under pressure to meet multiple deadlines, exercise discretion and good judgment. Possess high degree of initiative and personal integrity.
7. Must be physically capable of performing the required functions of the position (e.g., standing, walking, etc.) and wearing the required PPE (e.g., respirator, harness, etc.).
8. Comprehensive literacy and communicative skills in the English language.
9. Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office applications, and appropriate related programs.
10.Valid Class “G” Driver’s License in good standing and Driver’s Abstract satisfactory to the Employer.
11. Possess Criminal Record & Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) satisfactory to the Employer, and a valid standard first aid and CPR/AED level “C” certificate (or willing to obtain).
|Vaccination Policy:||No Policy|
|Employer:||Town Of Collingwood|
|How to Apply:||To review the full job description and learn how to apply, please visit the Town of Collingwood website: https://www.collingwood.ca/council-government/employment|
|Date Posted:||March 7, 2023||Posting expires:||April 3, 2023 at 4 p.m.|
*This posting has been provided by an external Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.