Website Town of Collingwood Town of Collingwood
Town of Collingwood
|Job Title:||Crossing Guard (Casual)|
|Work Hours:||Shifts may be mornings, lunch time or afternoons and may vary in length from 30 minutes to one hour (compensated at a minimum of 1.5 hours per shift), dependent upon the location|
|Wage:||$17.31 per hour for hours worked, or $10 per day on-call|
|Anticipated Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Location:||Town Of Collingwood|
|Are you looking for part-time hours that allow for personal time, hobbies or other part-time work? Do you want to make a difference in your community? Why not consider working for the Town of Collingwood as a Crossing Guard! Crossing Guards help children cross the street safely while going to and from school and are respected and recognized members of our community!
Reporting to the Supervisor, By-Law, Crossing Guards are responsible to ensure the safe crossing of students and pedestrians as they go to and from school at school crossings, marked crosswalks or traffic lights on a daily basis. The main duties and responsibilities of the position are in the area of escorting pedestrians, pedestrian safety counselling, and reporting offenders.
|1. OSSD or equivalent.
2. Knowledge and understanding of traffic signals, traffic patterns and behavior and geographical knowledge of the Town of Collingwood. Safety oriented.
3. Must be able to work in an outdoor environment including extreme cold temperatures and adverse weather conditions. Must be able to frequently stand and walk, bend and reach, use hands to handle and operate stop light controls and signage, lift and hold a sign.
4. Strong interpersonal communications, customer service oriented. Ability to work with a minimum of supervision and appropriately groomed and attired to present professional image.
5. Reliable, punctual and dependable with flexible availability.
6. Ability to read, interpret and follow procedural and policy manuals related to job performed.
7. Possess Vulnerable Sector Check with results satisfactory to the Town, and a valid Standard First Aid and CPR/AED Level C certificate (or willing to obtain).
|Employer:||Town Of Collingwood|
|How to Apply:||https://www.collingwood.ca/council-government/employment|
|Date Posted:||April 11, 2023||Posting expires:||August 28, 2023|
*This posting has been provided by an external Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.