|Normal hours of work are up to forty (40) hours per week, and shifts may include days, evenings, weekends and holidays – staff will be assigned to one of the following shifts:
- Day (Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.);
- Evening (Monday through Friday, 3:00 to 11:30 p.m.); or,
- Weekend (Friday through Monday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.).
Flexibility in scheduling is necessary with the occasional requirement to change shifts and/or work extra hours as required.
|Experience and Qualifications:
- Completion of a minimum of one (1) year of secondary education.
- Three (3) months of grounds maintenance experience.
- Ability to maintain parks and trails in a neat and orderly manner and understand and apply standard operating procedures. Experience operating pickup trucks, trailers, riding lawn mowers, trimmers, leaf blowers, and various power/hand tools preferred.
- Good administrative, communication, interpersonal, organizational, time management, and public relations skills, together with the ability to use tact and discretion and to deal courteously and effectively with the public and fellow staff members.
- Ability to multi-task, cope with interruptions and work under pressure to meet multiple deadlines, exercise discretion and good judgment. Possess initiative and integrity.
- Physically capable of performing the required functions of the position (e.g., standing, walking, lifting, pushing, pulling), operating equipment, working outdoors in inclement weather, and wearing the applicable personal protective equipment.
- Willing and available to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Valid Class “G” driver’s license and current Driver’s Abstract with results satisfactory to the Employer. Ability and willingness to travel within the community as required.
- Possess a current Criminal Record & Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) with results satisfactory to the employer, and a valid standard first aid & CPR/AED Level C certification (or willing to obtain).