Website Town of Collingwood Town of Collingwood
Town of Collingwood
|Job Title:||Park & Program Leader|
|Work Hours:||Normal hours of work are twenty (20) hours a week; shifts will be dependent on the programming schedule which may include days, evenings and weekends. Flexibility in scheduling is necessary as there may be the occasional requirement to attend to functions outside of normal work hours, change shifts, or to work overtime as needed|
|Wage:||$17.31 per hour|
|Anticipated Start Date:||July to August 2023|
|Park & Program Leader (Contract)
Job ID#: 2023-15
Job Title: Park & Program Leader
Date Posted: May 1, 2023
Closing Date: May 15, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.
Job Type: Part-Time Contract
Department: Park, Recreation & Culture
Pay Range: $17.31 per hour
Hours of Work: Normal hours of work are twenty (20) hours a week; shifts will be dependent on the programming schedule which may include days, evenings and weekends. Flexibility in scheduling is necessary as there may be the occasional requirement to attend to functions outside of normal work hours, change shifts, or to work overtime as needed.
Work Period: July to August 2023
Note: This position is dependent upon grant funding and the successful candidate must meet the eligibility criteria as stated in the grant agreement. The grant agreement will dictate the duration of this seasonal position (number of weeks and hours per week funded).
Looking for a summer job? Why not consider working for the Town of Collingwood! Working for the Town can be a fun and rewarding experience with opportunities to grow both personally and professionally, gaining valuable skills and work experience.
The Park & Program Leader will be responsible for planning, organizing and implementing free-play activities for children of all ages participating in drop-in neighbourhood park programs, encouraging outdoor activities in parks and open spaces, strengthening physical literacy and facilitating social connection. Additional responsibilities will include assisting in the care and maintenance of Town community gardens as well supporting event planning and implementation. The main responsibilities of this position are in the areas of program delivery and program development.
The preferred candidate possesses the following:
To review the full job description and learn how to apply, please visit the Town of Collingwood website: https://www.collingwood.ca/council-government/employment
|Qualifications:||Experience and Qualifications:
1. Enrolled in a post-secondary institution with studies primarily related to Early Childhood Education, Teaching, or a related discipline.
2. Customer service or research/communication experience. Participation in leadership programs or related experience.
3. Ability to plan outdoor events, organize volunteers, and work independently or as a team member as required. Enthusiasm in program delivery and flexibility to tailor programming and schedules.
4. Ability to work with a wide variety of ages and demographic groups. Willingness to travel within the community as required.
5. Good administrative, communication, interpersonal, organizational, time management, and public relations skills, together with the ability to use tact and discretion and to deal courteously and effectively with the public and fellow staff members.
6. Ability to multi-task, cope with interruptions and work under pressure to meet multiple deadlines, exercise discretion and judgment particularly when handling confidential/sensitive information. Possess initiative and personal integrity.
7. Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office applications, and office equipment.
8. Valid Class “G” Driver’s License an asset.
9. Possess a Vulnerable Sector Check with results satisfactory to the Employer, and a valid standard first aid and CPR/AED level “C” certificate (or willing to obtain).
|Vaccination Policy:||No Policy|
|Employer:||Town of Collingwood|
|How to Apply:||To review the full job description and learn how to apply, please visit the Town of Collingwood website: https://www.collingwood.ca/council-government/employment
|Date Posted:||May 2, 2023||Posting expires:||June 12, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.|
*This posting has been provided by an external Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.