Date posted: April 12, 2021
Closing date: May 3, 2021 – 4:00pm
Anticipated Start Date: 2021-06-01
Job type: Permanent Full-Time
Work Hours: 40 hours per week, usually Monday through Friday; flexibility in scheduling is necessary as there may be the occasional requirement to attend to functions outside of normal work hours, respond to urgent matters, change shifts to work evenings or weekends to accommodate high volume periods or for after-hours customer service initiatives, or to work overtime as needed.
Wage: $87,339.20 to $106,121.60 per year ($41.99 to $51.02 per hour)
Position Summary: Reporting to the Manager, Engineering, the Engineering Project Manager is responsible for the implementation of capital projects on behalf of the division, including the coordination and administration ensuring that they are on schedule and within budget. This position is responsible for all project phases from initial budgeting, environmental assessments, detail design, and construction. This position is required to liaise within the department and throughout the organization, as well as with external consultants, contractors and the public to effectively manage and deliver complex projects. The main duties and responsibilities of the position are in the areas of project management, capital planning and budget preparation, asset management, and procurement.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree/diploma in Civil Engineering or related discipline.
- Possession of an Engineering designation (e.g., P. Eng or CET). Project Management Professional certification an asset.
- Seven (7) years’ experience in an engineering environment (private consulting or municipal) including three (3) years directly related experience with large infrastructure and multi-million dollar projects. Physical ability to perform required activities and wear required personal protective equipment.
- Multidisciplinary engineering knowledge of transportation and traffic engineering, bridges, storm water management, sanitary collection, water distribution, active transportation, traffic signals, municipal servicing, contract administration, etc. Excellent mathematical skills with the ability to analyze data, perform calculations and work with large amounts of data.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable legislation (provincial and federal), Ontario Provincial Standard Drawings and Specifications, MECP regulations and design standards, Ontario Traffic Manuals, TAC Manuals, OHSA, etc. Knowledge in Municipal Class Environmental Assessments.
- Excellent administrative, communication, interpersonal, organizational, time management, project management, and public relations skills, together with the ability to use tact and discretion and to deal courteously and effectively with the public and fellow staff members.
- Ability to multi-task, cope with interruptions and work under pressure to meet multiple deadlines, exercise discretion and good judgment particularly when handling highly confidential/sensitive information. Possess a high level of initiative and personal integrity.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office applications, database management, and office equipment. Knowledge of GIS and AutoCad an asset.
- Valid Class “G” driver’s license and reliable vehicle to use on corporate business. Ability and willingness to travel within the community as required.
- Possess a current Criminal Record & Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) with results satisfactory to the employer, and a valid standard first aid & CPR/AED Level C certification (or willing to obtain).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.