Date posted: April 12, 2021
Closing date: April 26, 2021 – 4:00pm
Anticipated Start Date: 2021-05-01
Job type: Seasonal Full-Time
Work period: May to August 2021
Work Hours: 35 hours per week, usually Monday through Friday; flexibility in scheduling is necessary as there may be the occasional requirement to attend to functions outside of normal work hours or to work extra hours as needed.
Wage: $16.00 per hour
Position Summary: Reporting to IT Services Manager, the GIS Support works in collaboration with the GIS Specialist to update and expand our existing geospatial database. This position will primarily be a data driven experience by investigating and identifying where existing assets are not spatially captured, updating associated attributes, and helping to expand our existing geospatial inventory for all department assets. The position will also be integral in the maintenance of field operations mobile GIS applications and will have a combination of office and field work. The main duties and responsibilities of the position are in the areas of updating GIS inventory and infrastructure.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Enrolled in (or recent graduate) of a College or University with studies primarily related to GIS or a related discipline.
- Experience using Esri’s software (ArcMap, ArcCatalog) is essential. Further working knowledge of ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Collector, and ArcGIS Survey123 would be an asset.
- Experience and/or general understanding of GPS technology.
- Practical experience in Municipal GIS, and/or experience reading engineering drawings, would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite be an asset.
- High attention to detail and data entry are essential.
- Ability to analyse, interpret and report on data, with a passion for delivering outstanding work.
- Good administrative, communication, interpersonal, organizational, time management, and public relations skills, together with the ability to use tact and discretion and to deal courteously and effectively with the public and fellow staff members.
- Ability to multi-task, cope with interruptions and work under pressure to meet multiple deadlines, exercise discretion and judgment particularly when handling confidential/sensitive information. Possess initiative and personal integrity.
- Valid Class ‘G’ Driver’s license in good standing and current Driver’s Abstract with results satisfactory to the Employer.
- Possess a Criminal Record & Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) with results satisfactory to the Employer, and a valid standard first aid and CPR/AED level “C” certificate (or willing to obtain).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.