|Job Title:||Truck Driver/ Labourer (Regular)|
|Work Hours:||40 hours per week; flexibility in scheduling is necessary as there is the requirement for stand-by, responding to urgent matters, evening/weekend/holiday work and/or to work overtime as needed|
|Wage:||Hiring rate $28.71, 3-month rate $29.34, 12-month rate $31.55|
|Anticipated Start Date:||December 2022|
|Job Description||Job Id #: 2022-55
Job type: Permanent Full-Time
Reporting to the Public Works Supervisor, Truck Driver/Labourers are Responsible for operating light or medium duty truck and for performing generally unskilled labour related to road construction and maintenance and sewer activities in such areas as drainage systems, sidewalk and road surfaces, sign maintenance, tree removal and trimming, sewer maintenance and installation, etc. Maintain equipment, grease, oil and minor repairs.
For more information on this position or how to apply, please visit the Town of Collingwood website: https://www.collingwood.ca/council-government/employment
|1. OSSD or equivalent with one (1) year experience as a Truck Driver or combination of education and experience in roads/winter control operations and maintenance activities, plus completion of several provincially sponsored courses in municipal roads maintenance and traffic control.
2. Ability to operate a truck, post-hole digger/auger, farm tractor, and other power hand equipment; ability to acquire Chainsaw Operator’s Safety Certificate, Trench Safety and Confined Space Entry.
3. Thorough working knowledge of roadway marking and sign placement methods and associated provincial regulations, asphalt patching techniques, sidewalk and curb maintenance and repair, and sound safety practices; working knowledge of ditching/trenching, pipe installation, sod placement, sewer flushing and rodding, street cleaning and grass cutting procedures.
4. Good organizational, record-keeping, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
5. Ability to deal courteously and effectively with members of the public and other departments and/or government contacts.
6. Valid Class “DZ” driver’s license and current Driver’s Abstract with results satisfactory to the employer.
7. Possess Criminal Record & Judicial Matters Check Level 2 with results satisfactory to the Employer and a valid standard first aid and CPR/AED level “C” certificate.
|Vaccination Policy:||No policy|
|Employer:||Town Of Collingwood
|How to Apply:||https://www.collingwood.ca/council-government/employment|
|Date Posted:||November 15, 2022||Posting expires:||November 28, 2022 – 4:00pm|
*This posting has been provided by an external Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.