|The Town of The Blue Mountains is a growing and progressive, four-season community with stunning natural features, including the Niagara Escarpment, Beaver Valley and the Georgian Bay shoreline, and the various recreational activities and experiences they afford. We are seeking to fill the full-time, seasonal position of Harbour Labourer within our Community Services Department.
Advantages of The Blue Mountains include excellent quality of life, endless opportunities, the amenities of a complete community and proximity to the Greater Toronto Area, come join us!
· Position Overview:
The Harbour Labourer is responsible is responsible for assisting the Town in achieving high performance through best practices at the Thornbury Harbour, Cemeteries, Town Hall, Ravenna Hall and O.P.P. Detachment facility with day-to-day maintenance and operations. The Harbour Labourer reports to the Harbour/Cemeteries/Building Maintenance Lead Hand.
- Operate equipment and perform general landscaping maintenance at the Cemeteries, Harbour, Town Hall, Ravenna Hall and O.P.P. Detachment facility
- Operation of equipment including skid steer during boat launch, haul out procedures as well as dock maintenance and repairs.
- Providing fuel and pump-outs to customers at the service dock.
- Assisting boaters with docking. Preparation and securement of area for excavation and trenching burials as well as closing interments.
- Assist with ensuring efficient day-to-day operations and functions of all department- related facilities and programs including assisting with scheduling of all mandatory facility related inspections including preventative maintenance schedules and fire safety requirements.
- Liaise with other departments, ratepayers and the public, as well as special interest groups on matters pertaining to the Harbour, Cemeteries, Town Hall, Ravenna Hall and O.P.P. Detachment facility. Assist with general administrative duties including Harbour transient slip allocation and cash / credit card sales.
|Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a team environment.
- Municipal experience working within a Community Services Department considered an asset
- Experience operating and maintaining equipment.
- Be physically fit and able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Minimum high school diploma.
- Ability to work shifts, including nights, weekends, and statutory holidays as per schedule and in inclement weather.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license.
- Knowledgeable of the operation and maintenance of powered equipment
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply and interpret relevant regulations, acts, policies, and procedures (i.e., Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, etc.).
- CPR and First Aid Training is an asset.
- Pleasure Craft Operators Card and VHF Marine Radio License preferred or willing to obtain within one month of employment
- Able to work with minimal supervision, follow and carry out instructions.
- Proven communication skills to respond to general information requests from internal and external clients.
- Interpersonal skills to deal with staff and to provide clear information.