|Ainger Roofing is looking for a full-time Roofing Supervisor to join their team, reporting to the Operations Manager. This position will service the Collingwood & Barrie, Ontario areas and will have access to a company-issued work vehicle.
The Roofing Supervisor trains, supervises, and coordinates activities of workers engaged in shingles and metal roofing activities. Schedules work and assigns duties to workers. Demonstrates to new workers techniques of safely applying various types of roofing material. Inspects work in progress and when completed to determine that the properties appearance meets or exceed the specifications, including allotted timeframes. Ensure all equipment service levels are maintained and in safe operational condition. Reports daily and weekly as needed to the Operations Manager on the agreed targets. The Roofing Supervisor is a proven leader with an aptitude for motivating their team and building positive interpersonal relationships. Possesses excellent communication skills (verbal and written), planning, time management and organizational aptitude.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct leadership of up to 10 roofing employees, appraise performance and provide feedback as needed, assist in resolving complaints, hold employees accountable as needed, communicate issues, and results daily. Lead employees to improve their capability and personal performance and develop goal setting.
- Before work commences, ensure new and present employees are trained in the processes and methods required to achieve the company’s standards for roofing excellence, quality, and safety, while remaining consistent with the company’s values.
- Maintain a high standard of safety, appearance, and workmanship on each site while ensuring job expectations are met.
- Direct staff to maintain inventory levels for all roofing materials for each site.
- Assist in the installation of roofing systems.
- Maintain a constant flow of communication with Operations Manager, including but not limited to; equipment maintenance requirements, staffing concerns, etc.
- Responsible for upholding and enforcing the rules and practices set forth in the company employee Policy and Procedure Manual, the company Health and Safety Manual and all legislated Ontario Health & Safety work practices.
- Always represent the company in a professional manner.
- Perform any other duties and tasks as directed by the Operations Manager.
|Skills and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred but not a requirement.
- 5+ years of experience as a Roofing Supervisor.
- Working at Heights certificate.
- Must be experienced with roof shingling.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication, planning, and organization skills.
- Sense of urgency, accountability, and customer focus.
- Must have previous people management experience and the ability to direct the work of others.
- Ability to motivate self & teams to meet or exceed expectations.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with customers/clients and other employees of the organization. Possesses a high degree of professionalism.
- Must be willing to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment.
- Problem solving/root-cause analysis skills.
- Flexibility to work a variable schedule between 40-60 hours per week.