|Twist Kitchen & Cocktail has an exciting opportunity available for a Kitchen Manager.
As the Kitchen Manager at this location, you will assume complete responsibility under the guidance of the Area VP of Operations, Executive Chef, or the President for the overall quality of food preparation, kitchen personnel, and cleanliness within the kitchen/food preparation areas.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Developing and maintaining “superior hospitality” as an employee. Behaviour and commitment in meeting guest/employee expectations and needs regarding service, quality, cleanliness, friendliness, and presentation within the restaurant.
- Defining and achieving specific, measurable objectives in terms of product quality, the value of the stock on hand, and operating costs consistent with the strategic direction of the venue business plan.
- Communicating the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
- Ensuring compliance relating to the Department of Health, LCBO, Fire Marshall, etc.
- Providing leadership to the kitchen team. Encouraging employee productivity, motivation, and morale through consistent administration of the performance evaluation and development programs.
- Managing recruitment efforts for the kitchen, ensuring all positions are fully staffed. Preparing and conducting ongoing training and communication seminars with staff. Ensuring employees adhere to company operating standards (grooming, conduct, and behavior while on the property).
- Managing department expenses, including food costs, supplies, uniforms, labour, and equipment. Ensuring company accounting standards are adhered to. Assisting in preparing profit and loss statements for the kitchen and assisting with the fiscal budgeting process.
- Ensure that company standards are maintained for food presentation. Ensure that the preparation and portion sizes of all dishes are per menu specifications and standards.
- Controlling par stock of all food, beverage and conducting regular inventories within the restaurant, including monthly inventory counts.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining stock rotation systems.
- Ensuring internal waste controls are in place.
- Assisting customers with catering menus.
- Inspect all kitchen equipment as per industry standards and coordinates any repairs needed.
- In partnership with leadership, brainstorm new ideas for promotions and advertising to acquire new business and increase existing business.
- Performing all other duties as assigned or requested by management.
|The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
- Culinary school degree/diploma.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working as a Chef/Kitchen Manager, operating a kitchen generating food sales between $15K-35K per week.
- Preference is given to candidates with previous experience working with similar style cuisine.
- Red Seal Culinary certification would be considered an asset.
Demonstrated knowledge of inventory control, food costs, control procedures, and purchasing.
- You are hands-on and involved in the day-to-day operation of the kitchen.
- Highly focused on exceptional quality.
- You are highly motivated, a self-starter, and you possess exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Able to manage multiple priorities efficiently under pressure.
- You are a team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- As a Leader, you are an active listener, you are empathetic, and you share clear messages that make complex matters easy to understand. You are a role model, you inspire, and you are flexible to the needs of others.
- Proficiency with Google Drive/G Suite/Google Docs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
If you are interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity, we would love to hear from you!
|Turner Hospitality Group
Turner Hospitality Group currently owns and operates six locations under the following brands: Winifred’s English Pub, Twist Kitchen & Cocktail, Magnone’s Italian Kitchen, Mother Tongue, and Poppy’s French Bistro with future growth plans over the next two-five years. Our company aims to create memories and small moments that add up to great experiences. From the beginning, the focus has not only been on exceeding guest experiences but on building our team up through constant progress, transparency, and opportunity.
With 30+ years of experience in the industry, Renée & Bruce Turner continue to build on their love of hospitality through new projects and creating a space for amazing team members. If you want to contribute to a small team of like-minded individuals, join our team today.