- Detail heavy duty cleaning of shower tiled areas as well as high traffic membership areas.
- Clean sinks, counters, mirrors, toilets, tables, windows, sweep/vacuum carpet areas/mop floors, remove garbage, etc.
- Clean exercise machines and fitness areas. ie Treadmills, ellipticals, bikes, organize weights, etc.
- Operate washer/dryer for sanitizing cloths, towels, cleaning tools.
- Work well unsupervised. Work well with others. Impeccable customer service skills.
- Refill sanitizing bottles.
- Demonstrate strong support and commitment to the mission and core values of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka and the YMCA in Canada.
- Demonstrate strong support and commitment to serving the membership, facility users and all program participants of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka.
- Maintain a high level of cleaning at all times as per defined and documented YMCA protocols, practices and standards.
- Duties may include the following (performed throughout the shift, as required): Lift and carry cleaning tools and equipment, Push or pull cleaning tools/equipment/materials, Push or pull chairs and table carts to locations in the building, Set-up and take down tables and chairs for events, Tidy fitness room (including picking up free weights), Mopping (dry and wet), Sweeping floors, Floor scrubbing, Dusting (low and high), Wiping surfaces, Vacuuming, Window Washing, Cleaning mirrors, Toilet cleaning, Changing light bulbs and ceiling tiles, Cleaning vents and tops of lockers, Pool Chemical testing/Pool computer readings, Storage stocking, Restocking vending machines, Emptying garbage’s, Emptying towel bags, Shoveling snow / spreading de-icer on walkways, Raking/mowing/caring for garden beds
- Respond to general maintenance requirements and other duties when assigned by supervisor or General Manager.
- Communicate all system malfunctions, mechanical deficiencies and service disruptions to the Supervisor, Cleaning and Maintenance or Manager on Duty.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers and night staff to ensure transfer of information necessary for effective facility operations.
- Adherence to all provincial and federal legislation relevant to job description.
- Maintain all Health and Safety requirements/qualifications, including but not limited to WHMIS, Employee Health and Safety, etc.
- Respond to safety, service and security issues in a respectful, courteous and effective manner.