|Job Title:||Onsite Coordinator – Day Camp|
|Wage:||$610/week based on a five-day work week|
|Anticipated Start Date:||May 31st to September 3rd (no work on July 1st or August 2nd)|
|Location:||Alliston (1), Barrie (1), Collingwood (1), Innisfil (1), Midland (1), Parry Sound (1), Orillia (1), and Wasaga Beach (1)|
|On-Site Coordinators oversee daily camp operations at their location. They are responsible for camper safety, staff and volunteer management, problem solving, and providing excellent values-based customer service. This role can be broken down as 25% administration, 25% parent/guardian communication, and 50% behaviour management. In this role staff may be required to work 7:00-3:00pm, 8:30-4:30pm, 10:00-6:00pm or split shifts.
Reports to: Assistant Day Camp Director, Day Camp Director
· Leadership: Supervise and act as a resource for all on site day camp staff and volunteers. Provide ongoing support, coaching, training, and performance management.
· Customer Service and Communication: Provide excellent customer service to all campers, parents/guardians, and service providers as a representative of the YMCA. Communicate regularly with site location managers, the day camp administrator, assistant director, and director.
· Administration: Complete all necessary paperwork (payroll, county attendance, family communication, site reports, year-end reports, and program supply ordering).
· Risk Management: Ensure staff to camper ratios are met at all times. Ensure all staff are trained in emergency procedures and oversee the implementation of YMCA crisis response procedures if necessary. Ensure COVID protocols are followed at all times.
· Additional responsibilities: Additional duties may be added, and roles altered to support operations and measures to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
· Child and Youth Focused: Commits to assisting growth and development among children and youth.
· Concern for Health and Safety: Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
· Inclusiveness: Understands and commits to promoting equal opportunity and support for all children regardless of ability.
· Integrity: Demonstrates responsible behaviour at all times and maintains high ethical standards.
· Sense of Community: Demonstrates an awareness and understanding of community and responds to identified needs.
· Teamwork: Actively build teams and encourage open relationships for maximum organizational effectiveness.
· Initiative: Seek and find solutions to problems without waiting for direction; identifies new ideas that will assist in achieving mission and strategic goals.
· Standard First Aid and CPR C
· Experience with staff supervision in a leadership position at a day or residential camp setting. Strong self-management, organization, customer service skills, and ability to work with limited direct supervision.
· Must be a minimum 18 years of age as on December 31, 2021.
· Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sectors Screening. Applicants are advised to begin the Criminal Record Check process early as it may take several weeks to obtain results.
|Employer:||YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka|
|How to Apply:||ymcaofsimcoemuskoka.ca/careers/job-postings/|
|Date Posted:||Feb 4, 2021||Posting Expires:||March 6, 2021|
*This posting has been provided by an external Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.